cobas® 8000 modular analyzer series
The cobas® 8000 modular analyzer series provides premium quality and safety to maximize system uptime and confidence in results to support vital clinical decision making. With the intensifying time pressure on labs, the system helps you get results fast with short and predictable turnaround times.
Growth brings opportunities and challenges. How can you handle higher volumes most efficiently within the same space? The cobas 8000 is designed to deliver true productivity for your lab by offering:
- Highest throughput per square meter for Serum Work Area1
- Broadest assay menu consolidated on a single platform2-5
The modular and scalable design of cobas 8000, offering more than 440 configurations6, will ensure you meet your unique workload needs now and in the future.
The quality and reliability of the cobas 8000 ensure peace of mind for your team. Ready to use reagents and access to fully integrated lab automation empower your team to work more efficiently. The common reagents, detection methodology, and software systems across the entire Roche cobas modular platform family streamline workflows across your entire network.
At Roche Diagnostics, our vision is to empower labs to manage the future by continuously innovating. Our commitment to innovation has resulted in the continuous release of:
- Pioneering system solutions that raise the industry standards of efficiency
- Breakthrough assays of high medical value
One cobas® 8000 modular analyzer series configuration consists of up to 4 analytical modules and is built with a core unit, an optional ISE unit (cobas ISE module), a high volume throughput clinical chemistry module (cobas c 702 module, cobas c 701 module), a mid volume throughput clinical chemistry module (cobas c 502 module), a high throughput immunoassay module (cobas e 801 module), and a mid-volume throughput immunoassay module (cobas e 602 module)7.
Combinations of modules offer more than 440 configurations6 to tailor to your individual laboratory needs. On-site expandability and flexible consolidation potential allow for efficient change management.
Clinical Chemistry Modules
Akdeniz University Hospital, Antalya, Turkey
The cobas 8000 modular analyzer series produces high quality results time and time again
Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada
It has always been a hospital fighting to be the best, wanting to be the most efficient yet delivering the highest quality
Klinisch Laboratorium Declerck, Ardooie, Belgium
Switching to the cobas® 8000 modular analyzer series as a response to the lab’s rapid growth and the need to expand and renovate is one of the best decisions we’ve made.
University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Roche’s unique reagent cassettes combine simplicity with Hitachi reliability to ensure genuine confidence in results.
Centro Hospitalar do Porto, E.P.E., Porto, Portugal
The cobas 8000 modular analyzer series made it possible for just four technicians to receive samples, process a range of tests and deliver accurate results to the physicians.
A consolidation of laboratory services at three regional hospitals in Italy with the challenge to deliver improved turnaround rates, cost savings and consistently high quality results.
1. Data on file. Roche Diagnostics International Ltd.
2. cobas® Assay Portfolio. September 2017. Roche Diagnostics International Ltd.
3. Alinity Assay Menu. February 2018. Abbott Laboratories.
4. Atellica Solution Test Menu. September 2017. Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
5. Beckman Coulter Integrated Systems Test Menu. Retrieved 22 March 2018 from: https://www.beckmancoulter.com/wsrportal/wsr/diagnostics/clinical-products/integrated-systems/integrated-systems-test-menu/index.htm
6. Data on file. Roche Diagnostics International Ltd.
7. cobas® 8000 modular analyzer series Operator’s Manual. Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. Uptime calculation: (365 days / mean time in between repair visit) x downtime per incident.