cobas p 312 pre-analytical system
Compact automation for maximum efficiency
- cobas p 312 pre-analytical is a standalone solution offering maximum efficiency with minimal space requirements. In less than 1 m2, cobas p 312 can be used for decapping, sorting and archiving IVD test tubes
- May be used to automate and simplify processes in clinical laboratories and blood banks. This compact standalone solution is validated for cross-contamination compliance
Watch the video
- Throughput of up to 450 tubes per hour
- Small footprint of less than 1m2
- May be used to automate and simplify processes in clinical laboratories and blood banks
Flexible and freely definable input/output sorting area
- Registration of samples
- Loading capacity of up to 600 tubes
- Parallel processing of most of the established hematology, coagulation, serum, plasma and urine tubes
- Continuous loading of sample tubes during routine operation
- Freely configurable input and output areas of drawers:
- Sorting out of centrifuge buckets
- Sorting into and out of analyzer racks
- Sorting into archive racks
- Supports common Roche, STAGO, Sysmex and non-Roche sample carriers
- Barcode reading and target dependent barcode alignment in a “good to read” position
- Random access to drawers and samples
- Archiving (recursive workflow)
- Decapping of different tube types (various closure types and tube dimensions) in mixed mode
- No pre-sorting needed
- Supports selective decapping according to individually configured rules
Efficiency, simplicity and security for the modern laboratory
The cobas p 312 pre-analytical system offers benefits in a number of areas:
Compact – small footprint, lots of power
cobas p 312 pre-analytical system is a standalone solution offering maximum efficiency at a minimal space requirement = 1m2
- High throughput of 450 samples/hour
- Sample registration
Flexible – convenient single point of entry
Through convenient sample loading, the cobas p 312 is the ideal single point of entry for reduced complexity. There is no need to pre-sort sample tubes prior to loading them in the input area.
cobas p 312 can simultaneously process:
- different tube types
- different tube heighs
- different tube diameters
Safe – Validated for cross-contamination compliance
The cobas p 312 is validated for both serology and molecular diagnostics testing.
Effortless – Traceability and control of lab processes
Standardization of laboratory process is key for fast and consistent results, while reducing errors.
Although the haematology laboratory operates separately to the clinical chemistry lab, the success of cobas p 312 has resulted in a gradual evolution so that samples for both specialities are sorted by the one machine.
Pre-analytics has become a critical function of the busy laboratory for this reason, and Roche is leading the way in innovative solutions that can make a significant difference to laboratory workflows, processes and practices. At the forefront of this is the cobas p 312, a machine that has transformed the capabilities of one very large laboratory in this vibrant city.
The continuous loading of samples to cobas p 312 pre-analytical system allows uninterrupted workflow. In addition, the small footprint of the system maximizes the flexibility of placement.