cobas p 512 pre-analytical system
Adapting to today’s needs - Flexible for tomorrow’s demand
- Fully automated pre-analytical solution for high throughput laboratories
- Processing up to 1400 samples/hour
- Extensive sample quality inspection for error reduction and maximum efficiency
- Validated for cross-contamination compliance, can therefore be used for automating and simplifying processes in clinical laboratories and blood banks
The cobas p 512 provides the following features:
- Freely definable input and output sorting areas
- Connection to a bulk loader
- Connection to single or double centrifuge
- Handling of Roche and non-Roche racks and centrifuge buckets
- Throughput up to 1,400 samples/hour
- Registration of primary samples
- Orientation of barcode in a “good-to-read” position
- Selective decapping of sample tubes
- Sorting of tubes directly into analyzers target racks
- Archiving of processed samples with optional recapping
- Upgradeability to connected automation through cobas® connection modules (CCM)
Sample quality checks
- Tube type identification
- Liquid Level Detection and volume check
- Sample quality check
- Spin status detection: detects if blood samples have been already centrifuged or not
- Early detection and sorting of tubes with errors and issues
Professional management of laboratory
The cobas p 512 pre-analytical system offers benefits in a number of areas:
The best answer to face emerging challenges in laboratory operations.
- Upgradable to connected automation
- Easy to add functionalities
- Comprehensive inspection of sample quality
- Increased productivity in the same footprint
Designed for today and tomorrow, to keep you competitive in a changing environment
cobas p 512 is designed for laboratories that require high productivity. It delivers speed without compromising space and safety.
Throughput of up to 1400 samples/hour.
Quality comes first
cobas p 512 performs comprehensive inspection of samples at an early stage, maximizing workflow efficiency.
- Sample quality check via a high resolution optical camera which enables detection of normal, hemolytic, lipemic and icteric samples. Samples with inadequate quality for analytical processing will not continue their path
- Automated spin status detection: CCM detects whether blood samples have been centrifuged or not. Spin status enables a greater workflow efficiency, preventing unspun samples from being tested. Measurements are made via laser through 3 barcode labels
- Tube type identification allows you to cross check the tube type and its cap color and barcode information to detect possible errors
- Laser Liquid Level Detection allow you to detect samples volume in ml through 3 barcode labels. Samples that don’t have an open window are not missed (prioritized process of samples/aliquots based on available volume)
This early decision stops inadequate samples for analytical processing to continue their path, reducing workload and no reagents are wasted. Overall, if a sample has an error or issue, you can act in an early stage ensuring the shortest time to results and consistency.
Single point of entry for convenient sample loading
cobas p 512 is the ideal single point of entry for reduced complexity.
No need to pre-sort sample tubes prior to loading.
Optional bulk loading - Bulk loader module can be connected to a single centrifuge, cobas p 471, or to the pre-analytical system.
- Validated for cross-contamination compliance
- May be used for automating and simplifying processes in clinical laboratories and blood banks