cobas h 232 POC system
Support cardiac decisions with rapid results
- Rapid and easy determination of cardiac biomarkers such as: Troponin T, NT-proBNP, D-dimer, CK-MB, Myoglobin
- Test results in 8 - 12 minutes
- Supports on-the-spot decisions in cardiovascular diagnosis and treatment
- Ideal where space is limited – for example at the bedside, in triage bays or designated lab areas
- Designed for use in a physician’s office, in hospital emergency and critical care settings or in pre-hospital situations such as in ambulances or helicopters
Roche CARDIAC POC Troponin T
POC cTnT ≥ 50. Detect the danger. Start action now.
Roche CARDIAC POC Troponin T ≥ 50 ng/L (POC cTnT≥50): Improving patient care by early identification and adequate intervention in patients with suspected AMI at high risk of long-term mortality.
POC cTnT ≥ 50 – For faster triaging in pre-hospital care and emergency room
- POC cTnT ≥ 50 in pre-hospital care and emergency room – allows faster triaging of high-risk individuals
- Can be achieved with the new Roche CARDIAC POC Troponin T test – with results in just 12 minutes
- Ensures quick and adequate treatment at the right location – contributes to saving time and costs
Point of Care Troponin T testing
- Heparinized venous whole blood
Data management capabilities:
- Complies with industry standard
- Designed to connect with the cobas POC IT solution
- Complete documentation of results including patient and operator identification
- Roche CARDIAC® POC Troponin T (Troponin T assay)
Roche CARDIAC POC Troponin T test on the cobas h 232 POC system
Quantitative immunological test for the detection of cardiac troponin T in heparinized venous blood for use with the cobas h 232 instrument. The test is intended as an early aid in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction and identification of patients with an elevated mortality risk.
- Results in just 12 minutes – for rapid rule-in of high-risk individuals1, 2
- Precise results standardized with Elecsys® Troponin T high-sensitive (cTnT-hs) laboratory test in the range of 40 – 2000 ng / L2, *
- Easy to use even in mobile situations
* The Roche CARDIAC POC Troponin T is standardized with Roche's Elecsys® Troponin T high-sensitive laboratory test that showed a 99th percentile upper reference limit of a healthy cohort of 14 ng / L.
1 Stengaard, C. et al. (2013). Am J Cardiol 112(9), 1361– 6.
2 Roche CARDIAC POC Troponin T. Package Insert, 2015.
- Roche CARDIAC® T Quantitative (Troponin T assay)
This test supports the diagnosis of patients with suspected myocardial cell damage – in cases of acute coronary syndrome or acute myocardial infarction (AMI, heart attack) for example. It also helps determine infarction size and risk stratification of patients with unstable angina pectoris by detecting minimal damages to the myocardium.
Reaction time: 12 min
Measuring range: 50 - 2,000 ng/L (50-100 ng/L is quantitative range indicating result is between 50-100 ng/L)
Cut-off values: < 50 ng/L = Low risk, 50 - 100 ng/L = Medium risk, >100 = High risk
- Roche CARDIAC® proBNP (NT-proBNP assay)
This test supports the diagnosis of patients with suspected heart failure, the monitoring of patients with compensated left ventricular dysfunction and the risk stratification of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
Reaction time: 12 min
Measuring range: 60 – 9,000 pg/mL
Cut-off values: <125 pg/mL = Exclusion of Non-acute heart failure, <300 pg/mL = Exclusion of acute heart failure
Consideration of age-stratified cut-points for diagnosis of (=CHF likely considering confounding factors): <50 years < 450 pg/mL, 50-75 years >900 pg/mL, >75 years > 1,800 pg/mL
- Roche CARDIAC® D-Dimer (D-Dimer assay)
This test (used in conjunction with the pre-test probability score) is usually completed in the physician’s office or emergency room as a rapid and reliable exclusion test for suspected deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
Reaction time: 8 min
Measuring range: 0.1 - 4.0 µg/mL
Cut-off values: 0.5 µg/mL
- Roche CARDIAC® CK-MB (CK-MB assay)
This test is used to support the diagnosis of patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction (AMI, heart attack), to assess the size of the infarction, to monitor reperfusion during thrombolytic therapy and to detect re-infarction.
Reaction time: 12 min
Measuring range: 1.0 - 40.0 ng/mL
Cut-off values: Female: 4 ng/mL, Male: 7 ng/mL
- Roche CARDIAC® M (Myoglobin assay)
The test supports the diagnosis of myocardial infarction, helps in reperfusion control and can help rule-out myocardial infarction if the myoglobin result is negative 6 to 10 hours after a cardiac event.
Reaction time: 8 min
Measuring range: 30 - 700 ng/mL
Cut-off values: Female: 7 - 64 ng/mL, Male: 16 - 76 ng/mL
Save your cardiac patients with rapid and accurate point-of-care (POC) cardiac markers
The cobas h 232 combines speed with ease of use to provide vital support during cardiac testing:
- Rapid patient stratification via a broad menu of individual tests
- Results available within 8 - 12 minutes
- POC cardiac markers provide powerful and cost effective support in acute coronary syndrome diagnostics
Easy to use
- Easy handling and portability
- No sample preparation
- Automatic calibration
- No complicated setup procedures: intuitive, icon-based interface
- Allows near-patient use at various locations
- Safety via patient and operator ID entry and lockout
- With Elecsys-aligned test results, tests can be completed, monitored and compared across the whole healthcare chain
Apple, et al. (2006). Decreased patient charges following implementation of point-of-care cardiac troponin monitoring in acute coronary syndrome patients in a community hospital cardiology unit, Clin Chim Acta 370, 191-195
Demonstration of cost effectiveness and clinical effectiveness of implementation of POC whole blood testing.
"Our study demonstrates the cost effectiveness and clinical effectiveness of implementation of POC whole blood"
Hamm, et al. (2011). ESC Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation,) Eur Heart J 32, 1999-2054
"It is most important to establish the diagnosis of NSTE-ACS rapidly and to assign appropriate treatment. Point-of-care tests allow measurement of biomarkers at minimal turnaround times. Point-of-care tests for troponins should be implemented when a central laboratory cannot consistently provide test results within 60 min".
Guideline that emphasises the importance of the rapid diagnosis of NST-ACS to assign appropriate treatment. Recommendation: “Point-of-care tests for troponins should be implemented when a central laboratory cannot consistently provide test results within 60 min".